Please read carefully the terms and conditions. You must agree to the terms and conditions in order to enrol your child/ren.
- It is the student’s responsibility to know their lesson time for each week and to contact their Instrumental Teacher if they have any questions. Students in Prep-Year 2 will be collected from class and returned.
- A consistent routine of practice should be established by each student at the beginning of the program. It should form part of their homework timetable.
- Beginners should commence with 10-15 minutes of practice, five days a week, with the amount of time spent increasing as ability increases.
- Practice should include: Warm up, scales, technical work, studies and pieces as set by the teacher and ensemble music (if given), plus some fun.
Parents can contact instrumental teachers by email or phone if they have any enquiries regarding tuition. General enquiries and information for the program that are not made clear in this document can be made via the music department. Emails are preferred. Please contact the front office if you need clarification about email addresses.
Lesson times will be negotiated between private music teacher and parents. Lessons outside of school hours will be given as available and with priority to senior students
CANCELLATION/RESCHEDULING OF LESSONS
In order to reschedule or cancel a lesson and receive a make-up lesson, credit or a refund, the following must occur: (credit or refund will only be considered in extreme circumstances)
- If a student is unable to attend a lesson for some reason e.g. excursion, exam, dental appointment, etc. parents must contact the instrumental teacher at least 24 hours before the lesson, via a text message. (Preferably, a message should be given to the teacher at the previous lesson). In case of illness, the teacher needs to be contacted by 7:30 am on the day of the lesson (or earlier if possible) to notify of the absence. In the above cases, if the teacher is not informed by the stated time, your normal tuition fee will be charged.
- If the lesson is cancelled by the teacher, the lesson will be rescheduled or the lesson fee credited or refunded, at the discretion of the teacher.
- For any student informed absences, there is a maximum of one makeup lesson, per student, per term which will occur in the last week. Please remember this is the livelihood of our music teachers and rescheduling can often be difficult, especially with the group lessons.
- By the student – If a student is late, the lesson cannot be extended to make up this time, since other students will be inconvenienced.
- By the teacher – If a teacher is late for a lesson, then this time will be made up at a later date, or the lesson will not be charged.